I had some veggies left from my veggie pizza (see below) and I roasted the vegetables and pureed them as I do with my original recipe. No one will know what is in there...for those picky eaters, just a moist, flavorful meatloaf - comforting as can be.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, steak seasoning, breadcrumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the ketchup, 2 Tbsp. of the balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetable puree and mix until just combined.
Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet. Whisk together the remaining ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
~Adapted from Bobby Flay