I have used this recipe ever since I received it, and it's the best I've found so far. I am posting this exactly as written.
Warm German Potato Salad
- Boil 6 medium potatoes until done in skins. Peel and slice thinly.
- Fry 6 slices bacon till crisp
- Reserve 1/3 cup bacon fat and cook till yellow 3/4 cup thin sliced onion
- Mix in 2 Tbs. flour, 1-2 Tbs. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. celery seed (if desired), dash pepper
- Stir in gradually 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar
- Cook #5 till mixture boils 1 minute.
- Pour over potatoes - cover and let stand until ready to serve
- Heat over hot water
- Garnish with pieces of bacon and minced parsely. Serve 6.