Saturday, January 26, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Monday, January 21, 2013
Sunday, January 20, 2013
I always like mine "well done".
I would toast them twice to make them extra crispy.
Sunday Supper Retro Appetizers:
Sunday Supper Retro Salads:
- Irish Cheddar-Whiskey Fondue by girlichef
- She Devils: Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs by Ruffles & Truffles
Sunday Supper Retro Breads and Sandwiches:
- Italian Style Bread by The Meltaways
- Creamed Chipped Salmon Jerky on Toast by Pescetarian Journal
- Grown-Up Tuna Melts by Home Cooking Memories
- English Muffin Pizzas by Comfy Cuisine
- Patty Melt, Hand Cut Fries, & a Shake by Mooshu Jenne
- Grown-Up Grilled Cheese With Tomato Soup by Catholic Foodie
- Toast Topper #16: Grandma’s Mock Apricot Jam by What Smells So Good?
SundaySupper Main Dishes:
Sunday Supper Retro Sides and Veggies:
- Chicken Pot Pie Topped With Bacon Cheddar Biscuits by Chocolate Moosey
- Tuna Noodle Casserole by Country Girl in the Village
- Nana’s Marinated Beef Roast by Supper for a Steal
- Chorizo Scotch Eggs by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Maryland by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mushroom Stroganoff by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Dairyfree Toast Hawaii by Galactosemia in PDX
- Porcupine Meatballs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Kiev by The Urban Mrs.
- Salmon Quiche with Preserved Lemon by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Diane by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Fried Chicken only in the Oven by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hambak Steak a.k.a. Salisbury Steak by Kimchi Mom
- Retro-Redo: Homemade TV Dinner by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kicked Up Meatloaf by Curious Cuisiniere
- Shrimp Scampi (a lighter version) by Kudos Kitchen
- Old-Fashioned Pork Chops by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Jägerschnitzel by Sustainable Dad
- Healthier Hamburger-Corn Noodle Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Inspired by Tuna Noodle Casserole by Cookistry
- Chicken-N-Biscuits Pot Pie Casserole by The Messy Baker Blog
- Souper Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes by Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Meatloaf that will make you swoon and Datz the truth by Midlife Roadtrip
- Spaghetti with Currywurst Sauce by Masala Herb
- Tator Tot Casserole by NeighborFood
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Monday, January 14, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
To the stock, add 1/2 cup heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Combine ingredients for dumplings and using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, place dollops onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Freezing Tip: Freeze some in 1 cup containers for quick meals or in ice cube trays to add to sauces.
This recipe is a typical one with two rising periods. Most of this time it's the yeast working and not you! 2 cups water 1...
This is one of those traditional Polish meals that has to be made in certain pots or pans. You know what I mean don't you? Certain thi...
We made a trip recently to a bakery that my niece was raving about! This family-owned bakery, Natale's specializes and is famous for...