- 1/2 lb. whole wheat or organic pasta, spaghetti or cappellini
- 1 one-inch piece fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. hot water
- 4 scallions
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 cup frozen edamame, shelled and thawed
Grate ginger to measure one tablespoon. Combine ginger, chili garlic sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and hot water and whisk until combined.
Slice green onions diagonally and cut cucumber into julienne strips. Cut carrots into long ribbons using a peeler and cut ribbons crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Add veggies to noodles and toss with dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.