Psychological Studies: Comfort foods may be consumed to positively pique emotions, to relieve negative psychological affects or to increase positive feelings.
Is it really the food? Maybe it's the person that cooked it for you with love....or maybe it could be the smells from the kitchen when you walk in the door, whatever it is, it warms your soul. A good Comfort Food is plain and simple. It soothes and makes you feel All Warm and Fuzzy Inside.
I'm going to be doing a series of Comfort Food Classics - after all I am Comfy Cuisine! I hope you'll join me and link up your favorite comfort food! If you don't have a post and choose to leave a comment, please include your favorite comfort food - no matter what it is! Someone told me they like tomato and peanut butter sandwiches! I'd like to feature some of your recipes!
This recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole is a lighter version - no Cream of Mushroom soup and no Potato Chips - UGH! I will never go back to that old version. This is a keeper for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese (1/3 less fat cream can be used)
- 2 Tbsp. country Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 (5-ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Cooking spray
Remove pan from heat and stir in noodles, peas and carrots 1/4 cup Parmigano cheese, and tuna. Spoon mixture into a broiler-safe 2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes until golden and bubbly.
~Adapted from Cooking Light
- Please include a link back to Comfy Cuisine. Grab my button or put in text somewhere on your page
- Kindly link directly to YOUR RECIPE and not to your web page
- Thanks for joining!
Sharing with The Sweet Details - Savory Sunday
Everyday Mom's Meals - Church Supper
Gooseberry Patch - Your Best Comfort Foods
Iron Chef Mom - Cream Cheese Battle