Tuna Cannelloni with Tomato-Caper Relish
- 6 uncooked manicotti pasta shells
- 1 lemon, divided
- 2 cans tuna (I used one solid white and one light) in water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 small red onion, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained, divided
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
For filling, zest lemon to measure 1 tsp. Juice lemon to measure 1 Tbsp. Combine zest, tuna, mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. parsley, onion, 1 Tbsp. of the capers and 1/2 tsp. black pepper; mix well. Spoon filling into large zip-lock bag; chill.
For relish, core and seed tomatoes and finely dice. Combine tomatoes, lemon juice, remaining 2 Tbsp. parsley, remaining 2 Tbsp. capers and remaining 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Mix well and chill until ready to assemble cannelloni.
Trim corner of bag containing filling and pipe into pasta shells. Serve with relish and garlic toast points or crackers.
This would make a great summer lunch!
~Adapted from The Pampered Chef
Cooks Tip: When purchasing manicotti shells, check to make sure they are not broken.
these look fabulous love the filling!ReplyDelete
what a great idea so not the usual!ReplyDelete
Yum! I think that would make a great lent recipe. I am always looking for those!ReplyDelete