- 1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or strawberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray tube pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In a large bowl combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix according to package directions. Pour out 1-1/4 cups of batter and set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of pan. Scoop pudding using a small scoop or 1 tablespoon in a circular patter 1/2 inch from edge of pan.
Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in small bowl on HIGH 1 minutes or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of glaze. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place strawberries evenly over top of cake and drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping.
~Adapted from The Pampered Chef