CARAMEL CRUNCH POPCORN
- 2 bag(s) (2.9 to 3 ounces each) microwave light popcorn, popped, or 20 cups popped corn
- 1 jar(s) (12 ounces) salted dry-roasted peanuts (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly grease two 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pans or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place popped corn in very large bowl; discard any unpopped kernels. Add peanuts; toss to combine. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat butter, sugars, and corn syrup on medium until butter melts and sugars dissolve, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently with metal spoon or heat-safe spatula.
Increaseheat to medium-high and heat to boiling, about 3 minutes; boil 3 minutes longer. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will bubble vigorously), and pour over popcorn mixture in bowl. Stir immediately; continuestirring until all popcorn is evenly coated.
Pack in Candy Cane Cello Bags and Santa Cookie Tins.
This is going to be my new tradition - This popcorn is addicting!~Good Housekeeping
Yum! Wonderful treat.ReplyDelete
I love this. My mom always made this at Christmas. Yours looks wonderful. Come visit. We have a terrific cocoa made with Nutella. Delicious. Happy Holidays.ReplyDelete