For those moms who still have school age children, Katie Workman The Mom 100 Cookbook is joining us again this Sunday for some great suggestions and recipes to start out the school year smoothly.
Breakfast - the most important meal of the day.
Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons
2 slices of multi-grain bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, lightly smashed
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
Salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
5 large eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
In a medium bowl, toss the bread cubes with the olive oil, garlic and herbs. Transfer to a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the bread is crisp and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the croutons to a plate and discard the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter in it. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, stirring gently until the eggs are partially set, about 2 minutes. Add the croutons and chives and gently fold them in, cooking the eggs about 1 minute longer. Serve immediately.
Of course, if you follow Katie's rules.....their are no rules. Add fresh tomatoes, cheese, or salsa to this delicious breakfast. No need for toast! Switch out the herbs to whatever you and your children like!
Join us this Sunday for #SundaySupper Around the Family Table with Katie Workman at 7pm ET. Katie is so much fun and will be sharing her Easy Back to School Recipes during our chat. We love for you to join us and share your tips and inspiration.
Here are more fabulous recipes from our #Sunday Supper Team!
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
Easy Weekday Suppers:
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
After School Snacks:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
- Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
Sharing with The Country Cook - Weekend Potluck
Looks like a good Sunday breakfast too:@)ReplyDelete
Love that you shared that awesome picture along with this great recipe! I love eggs and can't wait to try this great recipe.ReplyDelete
I have never thought of croutons for eggs. Love it! and love that they are homemade with herbs. Fantastic.ReplyDelete
I love that the croutons sub for toast. Great idea!ReplyDelete
Those croutons look and sound amazing! YumReplyDelete
YUM! I love the croutons! I'm drooling here!ReplyDelete
Wow! These scrambled eggs look so good! I have never thought to put croutons on eggs, but it sounds amazing. Happy #SundaySupper!ReplyDelete
I always take a pic on the first day of school, too...so much fun to look back on =). I'm loving the sound of these eggs - herb croutons!! Yummy.ReplyDelete
Croutons! Never would have thought of that!! Love it...love your back to school pic too, I love looking back at mine as a kiddo and in a few short years I'll be taking my own :)ReplyDelete
A fantastic way to use croutons! Nice breakfast idea.ReplyDelete
This is on my list for must try recipes! thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
This looks so good...I've never had croutons with eggs, but I do love toast with them. And Mexican chilaquiles too with crispy bits of tortilla!ReplyDelete
What a delicious recipe! I could eat this for any meal :) My youngest leaves for his first week at college on Wednesday...and I'm reminiscing, too~ReplyDelete
Love the idea of using croutons!! Very good start to the day indeed.ReplyDelete
Ps your social media bar keeps following me as I scroll on my phone and it's hard to type a comment. Just a heads up.