Sunday Supper is on a Mission to Bring Back Sunday Supper Around the Family Table in every home. Join us every Sunday with great recipes and inspiration. #SundaySupper now trends almost every day of the week!
Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes
We now have the best of both worlds! Butter and Olive Oil - something I could not do without in my kitchen!About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: LAND O LAKES® is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a pre-measured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.
I could think of a thousand ways to use this product. This is a simple, tasty bean stew with great Italian flavors!
White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 roasted red bell pepper, chopped (jarred is fine)
1 Half Stick LAND O LAKES® Butter
with Olive Oil & Sea Salt (1/4 cup) plus 2Tbsp. softened
with Olive Oil & Sea Salt (1/4 cup) plus 2Tbsp. softened
Freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, 1 minced, 1 halved
1 tsp. tomato paste
4 to 6 - 1" thick slices grilled ciabatta
4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
2 15-oz. cans canellini beans (rinsed and drained)
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Heat LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and roasted red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring often until vegetables are completely softened, about 15 minutes. Add grated garlic and tomato paste and cook about 3 minutes.
Spread bread with softened LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and grill until golden and slightly charred. Rub bread slices with cut sides of garlic clove. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Add beans and 2 cups broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer until tomatoes are tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, season to taste.
Divide bread among bowls. Top with bean mixture and broth. Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil.
This makes a hearty main dish. Serve warm or at room temperature for a great simple weeknight summer meal. Be sure to add enough broth as the bread soaks up those delicious juices.
The cherry tomatoes make this fast, easy and fresh.
Follow Land O Lakes on Twitter and Facebook for more great summer recipes!
The fun starts at 3pm EST and lasts all afternoon until dinner time and sometimes beyond. All you have to do is follow the hashtag #sundaysupper on twitter or follow along on TweetChat. Our #SundaySupper Pinterest Board will be filled with wonderful Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes. There is always room Around the Family Table for you.
Here are the recipes from our fabulous food bloggers!
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
About Ree Drummond and Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: Ree Dummond, better known to her fans as The Pioneer Woman , is helping us explore the delicious flavor of our new Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. Ree will create blog posts, recipes, and videos that explore how she uses this new butter to enhance simple weeknight meals.
If you would love to try this product, I will be giving away one coupon for a FREE package of the Butter with Sea Salt & Olive Oil to one of my readers. All you have to do is us tell us about your favorite Simple and Fresh Summer Recipe that uses butter! This giveaway will run through June 15, 2012. Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted via e-mail on June 16.
~ Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
~Adapted from BonAppetit
Hi Patti! That garlic bread looks so good I could eat it for breakfast! LOL I had a recipe for something similar to the white bean ragu a long time ago and have no idea where it is now, but I'll be trying this one for sure. Thanks! ~MaryReplyDelete
Sounds like a nice, easy summer dinner Patti! The new butter is a good idea, bet it's great with pasta:@)ReplyDelete
Looks so good! I've been looking for a good white bean recipe. This one will be great with the fresh summer tomatoes.ReplyDelete
This looks absolutely amazing! I love the colors and tomatoes!ReplyDelete
I'I'I'm drooling! This reminds me of yummy broth you have left over when you're done eating mussels and you must have crusty bread to soak it all up. I love beans and tomatoes and will definitely be trying this recipe.ReplyDelete
What a beautiful and light dish that is perfect for Summer! I am honored that you shared it with us during #sundaysupper!ReplyDelete
I am drooling reading the recipe, Patti. Will try to make it soon myself!!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh this looks so amazing. I am completely in love with this dish. So pretty and hearty at the same time.ReplyDelete
Aww, this takes me back to France, in a good way!ReplyDelete
Spectacular dish, simple and not at all fussy, but satisfying and oh so delicious. I knew when I saw it in Bon Appetit that I would have to make it as well. But I didn't see any credit though to the magazine; even with your substitutions you should properly credit the original. It's only fair.ReplyDelete
Thank you! With all the changes we had to make I did neglect to credit the magazine. Updated with the addition.Delete
Patti, your ragu looks wonderful and makes for a fabulous meat-free meal. I'll have to give this a try. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...MaryReplyDelete
Wow this looks great!ReplyDelete
This dish looks fantastic. It would make the perfect summertime appetizer. I hope you had a lovely #SundaySupper.ReplyDelete
WooHoo ! this looks so yummy & healthy ! bursting with fiber ! pics are great too! Pinning this on my Appetizer board " to make " sometime !ReplyDelete
This looks incredibly delicious! I wish all my kids at beans though. Would make a fabulous appetizer, too!ReplyDelete
This looks so good! My favorite summer dish using butter is simply sauteeing garden veggies in it. :) Thank you.ReplyDelete
How great does that look!ReplyDelete