All you need is:
- 3/8" manila rope (I used jute)
- 15-inch grapevine wreath
- 10-inch terra cotta saucer
- Grape leaves or ivy
- Cut three (5-foot) lengths of rope and knot them together at both ends. Nestle the wreath inside the ropes.
- Place the saucer inside the wreath. If you like tuck in ivy or grape leaves and wind them around the ropes.
- Use more rope for hanging the bird bath if needed.
This a perfect project to do with your kids who think that bathing is for the birds!!
Nifty idea. Will implement in a ground-based version this weekend. Thanks!ReplyDelete
Love this Patti! There's no doubt in my mind that Donna, my BFF and helper will jump at the chance to fix one of these in the back yard! She's a Nature Girl to the max :) Thank you! xoxoxoReplyDelete
I love this - such a great idea! Bird baths tend to get pretty gnarly due to the weather and the wreath keeps it lovely. I also love the quote at the top of the page.ReplyDelete
This is a great idea. It will be a wonderful project for my grandsons. I never seem to leave here empty handed. I always have an idea or recipe to take back to my own home. It's one of the pleasures of visiting here. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...MaryReplyDelete