I'll bet you haven't thought of this in a while have you?
Fry up some peppers and onions, toss in and scramble the eggs. If you want an exact recipe....
- 2 green or red peppers washed, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 large Vidalia or Spanish Onion
- 6 large eggs, scrambled in a bowl with 1Tbsp. water
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or enough to coat bottom of pan)
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Hot or Sweet Cherry Peppers (optional)
Turn it into something a little more fancy - Crostini!
Chop up the peppers instead of slicing for the Crostini for easier eating.
When the eggs were done, I topped these with grated Manchego cheese and covered the pan just until the cheese melted and sprinkled with crushed red pepper.
These can be served warm or at room temperature.
Yum, one of my favorite Italian comfort food sandwiches, my mom made them all the time. Love them. xo,ReplyDelete
This may sound odd, or maybe because it is still morning as I type this, I think this would be awesome for breakfast! Plus, it is a great way to get rid of those vegetables in the garden.ReplyDelete
I could enjoy these crostini ANY time of day, but would especially like them as a mid morning snack!ReplyDelete
That beautiful Crostini is just waiting for me to bite into it. Oh my it looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!