I will be making for you today, a traditional Rustic Plum Tart. Plums and prunes are used quite a bit in Polish cuisine, like most of Eastern European recipes. Even pierogis with prunes! The pastry for this tart is similar to Kolachy cookie dough. A cream cheese dough rolled in sugar.
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 lb. plums (not the Italian prune plum variety, washed, pitted and quartered
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup almond filling (Solo Brand)
1/4 cup apricot preserves
Mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add flour gradually and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over plums, coating well. Mix bread crumbs with plums.
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. When dough is chilled, roll a circle 1/4 inch thick and 12 inches in diameter on a surface that has been dusted with equal parts confectioners' and granulated sugars (not flour). Trim circle with a pastry cutter so edges are not so ragged. If dough becomes too soft, refrigerate briefly until its workable again. Transfer to baking sheet.
Leaving a 2-inch border of untouched dough, spread almond filling over. Top with plums followed by apricot preserves. Begin lifting the untouched dough toward the center, pleating as necessary to create a 9-inch round.
Brush edged of tart with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling.
Cool in pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving. I suggest baking this on parchment paper.
Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
- Scotch Eggs and Brotchen Rolls – The Meltaways
- Apple Kuchen – Mrs. Mama Hen
- Spaghetti Carbonara – Katherine Martinelli
- Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash – Make Dinner Easy
- Potato and Spinach Knishes – The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- German Potato Salad – Magnolia Days
- Sausage and Broccoli with Orecchiette – Daddy Knows Less
- Chicken Enchiladas Suizas – The Weekend Gourmet
- Strawberry Tiramisu – Chocolate Moosey
- Chocoflan – Juanita’s Cocina
- Egg Liqueur Cake – The German Foodie
- Rasmalai (Ricotta in Sweet Coconut Milk with Almonds and Pistachio) – Sue’s Nutrition Blog
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad – In the Kitchen With KP
- Rouladen – Midlife Road Trip
- Lemon Balm Roasted Chicken and Rum Raising Cupcakes with Maple Frosting – What Smells So Good?
- Keftikas (Turkish Meat and Leek Patties) – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Croque Monsieur with a Béchamel sauce – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Momma’s Meat Pie with Poutine Sauce – Momma’s Meals
- Polish Rustic Plum Tart – Comfy Cuisine
- Drop Scones (Scottish Pancakes) – Cositas Bonitas
- Jamaican Cornmeal Pudding – The Lovely Pantry
- Borscht Shooters – Cookistry
- Shepard’s Pie – Big Bear’s Wife
- Parsnip Cakes – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Roasted Curried Vegetables – Hot Curries & Cold Beer
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in a Chorizo Sauce – Family Foodie
- Kalbi Steak Kimchi Grilled Cheese – Damn Delicious
- Wine pairings for all the recipes – ENOFYLZ