You will need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell, thawed
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- Kosher Salt for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and drain on paper towel 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
Spread mustard over the bottom of the shell and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange tomatoes over the cheese in one overlapping layer.
Bake until pastry is golden brown and tomatoes are very soft; 35-40 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, thyme garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle the pie with this mixture while hot and spread out gently with the back of a spoon. Serve at room temperature.
Visit Miz Helen for Full Plate Thursday!
Fresh Food Friday at la bella vita - Stop on over!