For the vinaigrette, whisk:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (I used red)
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots or red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 3 lbs. red or yellow new potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
Cook 6 strips bacon, diced in a skillet until crisp; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Gently stir potatoes and green beans and season with salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
For a vegetarian version, simply omit the bacon.
As you can see, I like lots of pepper!~Adapted from Cuisine at Home