It's barely legible now, all stained and faded. When I found this web site, this is what I saw:
I've lost some pics on this page and trying to recover them! Excuse the post please!
This is the exact same recipe! Pat made some adjustments as you can see. I just found it so interesting when I came across this, and wondered where it came from and when. Maybe they got it from a newpaper article when they used to print recipes in the newspaper. Maybe I'll do so research on this! It looks to me like it might have been typed in the 40' or 50's. I have used this recipe ever since I received it, and it's the best I've found so far. I am posting this exactly as written.
Hot German Potato Salad
- Boil 6 medium potatoes until done in skins. Peel and slice thinly.
- Fry 6 slices bacon till crisp
- Reserve 1/3 cup bacon fat and cook till yellow 3/4 cup thin sliced onion
- Mix in 2 Tbs. flour, 1-2 Tbs. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. celery seed (if desired), dash pepper
- Stir in gradually 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar
- Cook #5 till mixture boils 1 minute.
- Pour over potatoes - cover and let stand until ready to serve
- Heat over hot water
- Garnish with pieces of bacon and minced parsely. Serve 6