Here's what I had in the fridge.
- 1/2 package Phyllo Dough sheets
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pecorino Romano
- 3 Roma garden tomatoes
- 1 bunch of scallions (just about on their last leg)
- Fresh basil and oregano
- 10 sheets thawed phyllo dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced Roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves.
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine mozzarella, romano, oregano and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut stack of phyllo dough sheets in half crosswise. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, place phyllo sheet on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Repeat with 2 more layers of phyllo. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture. Repeat layers 3 more times, ending with 2 phyllo sheets. Coat top phyllo sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle with 2 more Tbsp. cheese mixture. Arrange tomato slices on top of cheese; sprinkle with onions and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and red pepper flakes (if using).
~Adapted from Cooking Light