Shrimp Cocktail Mold - Semi Retro!
Remember that Shrimp Mold served at holiday time with the Tomato Soup? Along with the Deviled Ham Spread? Hmmmmm...well that's what was popular back then. I kind of liked that shrimp mold, but I wanted it to taste like shrimp cocktail instead of those bland ingredients in the retro version. I combined the old with the new and I think I came up with a pretty tasty version! And still kept that "shrimp" color!
The recipe back then.
Shrimp Cocktail Mold
The recipe now.
- 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 pkgs. unflavored gelatin
- 5 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated, prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, cooked and cooled (or frozen, thawed) - chopped
If you don't want to serve this in a mold, you can put it in a pastry bag and pipe on to crackers.
Shrimp Cocktail on a cracker!