- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 (15 oz. can ) chick peas (garbanzo)
- 1 (15 oz. can) cannellini beans
- 1 (14.5 oz can) diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. carrots, diced
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tb. oil
In a large pot, saute onions, garlic and ginger in 1 Tb. olive oil about 5 minutes until softened.
Add water, lentils, chick peas, cannellini beans, tomatoes, carrots, celery and spices. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until lentils are tender.
Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender. Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!
This soup only takes about 20 minutes prep time and has all the warm, sensual spices of Morocco.
~Adapted from Grace and Mae
Sunday Soup Night
Sharing with The Country Cook - Soups and Stews Linky Party