I have included a recipe for a quick marinara, but you can easily use a good store bought sauce. I use Victoria Brand Marinara sauce. It's one of the best sauces I have found on the market. America's Test Kitchen rated it #1. It is more expensive, but I stock up when it's on sale.
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed San Marzano or fire-roasted tomatoes
- 5 or 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (I had 3 cutlets cut in half horizontally and pounded thin - so I had 6 cutlets)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian-Style bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Serve with spaghetti or polenta.