For the crust:
- 1-1/4 cups shortbread cookies crumbs (about 15 cookies)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 pounds good-quality whole milk ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade (plus 1/2 cup for glaze)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup vodka
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl and mix until combined. Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan evenly into the bottom. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely.
Place ricotta in bowl of stand mixer (this can also be done in a food processor) and blend until smooth. Add the sugar, orange marmalade and flour and mix until well incorporated. With mixer running, add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time until well blended. Add the vanilla an salt and blend until just incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake until the center of the cheesecake is set and the edges are golden brown, about 1 hour. Let cool.
For the glaze:
Place the marmalade and vodka in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, simmer and reduce the sauce by half, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly and pour over the cooled cake. Let set before cutting, about 15 minutes.
~Adapted from Chow.com