- 1 tsp. canola oil (plus more for brushing dough)
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste (in the Asian section), or to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Phyllo Dough
Cut salmon into 1 x 3-inch strips. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut stack of phyllo sheets crosswise in half. Cover with a damp paper towel while you are working with them to prevent them from drying out. Place 1 half sheet phyllo dough on a flat surface. Brush with a small amount of oil. Top with second half sheet of phyllo. Place about 1 Tbsp. spinach mixture on short end of phyllo; place salmon on top.
Roll up phyllo into a log and gently twist the ends to make a firecracker shape. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and salmon. Brush firecrackers lightly with oil and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until phyllo is crisp and golden brown.
I like a sweet and sour dipping sauce for these rolls. I used "A Taste of Thai" Sweet Red Chili Sauce.