Celebrating Fourth of July with Family and Friends
How do family and friends celebrate the Fourth of July? By pulling out all the stops to show their patriotism!
We have some amazing recipes this week to spice up your Independence Day bash!
- 1 tsp. canola oil (plus more for brushing dough)
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste (in the Asian section), or to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Phyllo Dough
Cut salmon into 1 x 3-inch strips. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut stack of phyllo sheets crosswise in half. Cover with a damp paper towel while you are working with them to prevent them from drying out. Place 1 half sheet phyllo dough on a flat surface. Brush with a small amount of oil. Top with second half sheet of phyllo. Place about 1 Tbsp. spinach mixture on short end of phyllo; place salmon on top.
Roll up phyllo into a log and gently twist the ends to make a firecracker shape. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and salmon. Brush firecrackers lightly with oil and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until phyllo is crisp and golden brown.
I like a sweet and sour dipping sauce for these rolls. I used "A Taste of Thai" Sweet Red Chili Sauce.
Get your party going with these Lemon Drop Jello Shots!
Let the Fireworks Begin!
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
Fabulous Pairings by Martin from ENOFYLZ