You will need:
- 2 disposable cake decorating bags
- 1/2 cup instant Hot Cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Candy cane or small ornament
- Chenille stem or ribbon
1. Package hot chocolate mix. To make it easier to fill and package cone bags, insert them inside a tall, narrow drinking glass, votive or vase. Fold the cuff of the bag down over the lip of the glass, and add hot cocoa mix to the bag.
Remove cone bag containing hot chocolate mix, and secure with twist tie. This bag will be placed inside the second bag to hold the hot chocolate mix securely. Trim ends of bag to 1 inch.
2. Package candy treats and marshmallows. Place the second cone bag inside the glass, and fold down the top around the glass rim.
Place the sealed bag of hot chocolate mix inside the second bag, then layer chocolate chips over the top, followed by marshmallows.
3. Secure cone and decorate. Remove the filled bag from the glass, and use the chenille stem to secure the cone around the contents. Add a candy cane (for stirring to add peppermint flavor to the hot cocoa) or a cute little ornament.
Each packet of will make approximately 4 8-ounce cups of hot chocolate. The white chocolate will melt into the cocoa making an instant mix something special!
On a Christmas gift tag, add directions:
For a warming winter drink, add 2 Tablespoons
cocoa mix to 8 ounces hot water or hot milk;
garnish as desired, stir with the candy cane,
sip and enjoy!
~Adapted from Organized Home