- 3 cups all-purpose flour +3 Tbsp. (if necessary)
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 large sweet onion
- 28-ounce can chopped or diced tomatoes
- 2 tsps. Oregano, Basil or Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces provolone, shredded
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano or Italian Seasoning
Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover and let rise until puffy and doubled, about 90 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to the fried onions, along with the Italian Seasoning. Simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Let cool.
Stir together the bread crumbs, oil and Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
Spray a large baking sheet (13 x 18 half sheet pan) with non-stick spray. Drizzle with olive oil and brush to evenly coat. Gently deflate the dough and plop it onto the baking sheet and press it towards the edges.