- 3 cups all-purpose flour +3 Tbsp. (if necessary)
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 large sweet onion
- 28-ounce can chopped or diced tomatoes
- 2 tsps. Oregano, Basil or Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces provolone, shredded
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano or Italian Seasoning
Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover and let rise until puffy and doubled, about 90 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to the fried onions, along with the Italian Seasoning. Simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Let cool.
Stir together the bread crumbs, oil and Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
Spray a large baking sheet (13 x 18 half sheet pan) with non-stick spray. Drizzle with olive oil and brush to evenly coat. Gently deflate the dough and plop it onto the baking sheet and press it towards the edges.
Felice Anno Nuovo!
~Adapted from King Arthur Flour