- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lbs. Vidalia onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 cups Homemade Chicken Stock (or store-bought)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 thin slices baguette, lightly toasted
- 1 pound aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Parsley Pesto (recipe below)
Preheat your broiler.
Place crocks on a baking sheet. Put a slice of bread in the bottom of each crock. Fill until three-quarters full with soup. Place another slice of bread over soup and divide the cheese on top. Broil 2-3 minutes. Top each with a dollop of parsley pesto.
Sunday Night Soup!
~Adapted from Bar Americain