- 1 pkg. (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pkgs. refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of your favorite pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
Place bread dough, seam sides up on a cutting board. Slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf.
Spread open flat and lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough. roll dough gently to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.
Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal.
Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on baking sheet or stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8" keeping leaving two 1-1/2-inch openings in center of twist.
Separate egg. Beat egg white and oregano and mix; lightly brush over dough. Using a serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.
Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf.
~Adapted from The Pampered Chef
Sharing with Melt in your Mouth Monday