Everyone loves pizza for a party. These little pepperoni puffs make a great appetizer. They have a crispy crust and are loaded with pepperoni! Just add your favorite pizza or marinara sauce.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes(optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese Italian Blend cheese (mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan and romano)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- Pizza or marinara sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups (about 1 heaping Tbsp.). Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes 24 - recipe can be doubled.