Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Monday, November 10, 2014
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet, or coat with non-stick spray. You can also use parchment paper or foil and lightly spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and salt. Set aside.
- Halve each of the biscuits, making 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a 5-inch rope and tie into a knot, tucking in the ends. If using pizza dough, follow the same procedure.
- Place knots onto the prepared baking sheet and brush each knot with half of the butter mixture. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining butter mixture. Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce or as an alternative to garlic bread with any Italian meal.
~Adapted from Comfort of Cooking
Sunday, November 2, 2014
Saturday, November 1, 2014
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp begin to float to the top. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Shell the shrimp and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir the celery, mayonnaise, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Spread sides of rolls with softened butter. Heat in a non-stick skillet and until browned on both ends.
- Spoon the shrimp salad into the rolls and sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning.
~Adapted from Fine Cooking