Cindy @Cindy's Recipes and Writings is our Hostess this week. Our awesome #SundaySupper Movement with Isabel have over 50 apple recipes to share! This is a recipe for a delicious, comforting bread pudding, that honestly - I could not stop eating!
- 1 Tbsp. soft butter
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups day-old hearty white bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 lbs. firm baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks (I used Braeburn)
- 6 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
I added a little caramel sauce to bring this over the top!