For the Crust:
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
For the Filling:
- 3-1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups peeled, diced sweet potato
- 1-1/2 cups peeled, diced russet potato
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or Half & Half)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Cut pastry sheet into 1-inch wide strips. On a baking sheet, weave strips into a lattice pattern to fit the size of your baking dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
For the filling, heat 2-1/2 cups broth, sweet potatoes and russet potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook until vegetables are slightly soft, about 8 minutes.
Whisk together remaining 3/4 cup broth, cream, and flour. Pour slurry into vegetable mixture; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Add chicken, apple and peas and season with salt and pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish and dot with 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter.
Bake filling and crust separately until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Place crust on top of pie before serving.
~Adapted from Cuisine at Home