- l lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- Cooking spray (I used olive oil spray)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Grated lemon rind for garnish
Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat with spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12 minutes or until tender.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus tossing well to coat. Garnish with black pepper and lemon rind.