I'll bet you haven't thought of this in a while have you?
Fry up some peppers and onions, toss in and scramble the eggs. If you want an exact recipe....
- 2 green or red peppers washed, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 large Vidalia or Spanish Onion
- 6 large eggs, scrambled in a bowl with 1Tbsp. water
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or enough to coat bottom of pan)
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Hot or Sweet Cherry Peppers (optional)
Turn it into something a little more fancy - Crostini!
Chop up the peppers instead of slicing for the Crostini for easier eating.
When the eggs were done, I topped these with grated Manchego cheese and covered the pan just until the cheese melted and sprinkled with crushed red pepper.
These can be served warm or at room temperature.