- 1 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 10-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (original recipe called for 2 Tbsp.)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup refried beans
- Corn tostada shells or tortillas
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Slow Cooker: - Place pork in slow cooker, add remaining ingredients as above, reducing chicken stock to 1/2 cup, cover and cook on low-heat for 10-12 hours or on high-heat for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove pork from cooker and shred with two forks. Spread refried beans over tostada shells. If using corn tortillas, char on both sides on open gas flame. Top evenly with pork mixture and your toppings of choice.
Cook's Note: I could not find a boneless 3 lbs roast. I had a 6 lb. bone-in, cubed the pork and added the bone to the pressure cooker for extra flavor.
~Adapted from BHG Ultimate Slow Cooker
Sharing with Everyday Sisters - Sharing Sundays
Melt in your Mouth Mondays