Host a Cookie Swap Party!
Enjoy the treats of the holiday season without the trouble of baking them all. Invite family and friends to a Cookie Swap Party - it's easy and fun and everyone takes home some delicious cookies with very little effort.
- Make a list - Give guests plenty of notice (say, like now).
- Have your guests let you know what they will be bringing to prevent bringing the same cookie
- Ask them to print copies of their recipes to share
- Alert people of any allergens like nuts - with cookie name cards
- Provide plastic wrap or foil so folks can re-use their own containers
- Keep coffee tins, small gift bags or boxes for re-gifting swapped cookies. Wrap in holiday paper.
- Keep fresh veggies & dip or cheese and crackers on hand to prevent a sugar OD
- Serve plenty of coffee, water, tea, wine or ice cold milk